Monday, May 16, 2011

Bookticipation


JOY FOR BEGINNERS by Erica Bauermeister
In stores June 9

A group of seven women gather for an outdoor candlelit dinner in Seattle to celebrate their friend Kate’s recovery from cancer. Wineglass in hand, Kate makes a pact with them: to start her new lease on life, she’ll overcome her fears and go white-water rafting down the Grand Canyon. But if she goes, each of them must also do one thing in the next year that is new or difficult or scary – and Kate gets to choose their challenges.

Knowing how much I liked The School of Essential Ingredients, June 9 can't come soon enough for this reader!

2 comments:

Les said...

I'm posting my review today! It was really good!!!

Nan said...

I just can't read the books that deal with cancer, even if the person is recovering. And I'm not a big fan of the risk stuff.