Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Knit One Purl Two

Some time ago, I downloaded from Quince and Co. a pattern named Camilla, a baby blanket featuring an echo of one of my favorite nature shapes - the scallop shell. Like most pattern downloads, it sat in my pattern file waiting for some attention. Then as the weather got colder and colder, I started thinking how nice it would be to have a bed runner across the bottom of our bed to keep old feet nice and warm. Then I saw a luscious color in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran called Mallard. The result of this downloading, thinking, and seeing was a Camilla bed runner. The width is the same as the baby blanket measurement, but I just kept knitting until it fit nicely across the end of our bed.





If you're into knitting, check out Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran on the next visit to your local yarn shop. It's soft, luxurious, and oh so nice to work with. You will soon be searching for the perfect pattern to knit up in this beautiful yarn.

And best of all? It has the Lucy seal of approval!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Really really pretty Marcia!!!
I almost bought some of this yarn the other day, but put it back for some reason. I've tried it before, but a long time ago. I think I will grab some the next time I'm at the yarn shop, which will probably be this week - LOL!

Linda