Sunday, July 31, 2011

Listening to... JD Souther

Because he's no longer available on a local Boston radio station, I listen to Imus via podcast on my iTouch--not necessarily for his personal brand of humor, but for the guests he invites on who offer up food for thought that can sometimes take me out of my conservative thinking rut.  Then, too, there is the music he nudges my way with a simple "Was that great or what?".  

This time it was JD Souther's Natural History.  As soon as I heard  I'll Be Here at Closing Time, I immediately clicked on iTunes and downloaded the entire album and have been lost in these songs since.

From Amazon:
If you don't know JD Souther, you surely know his songs. In the renaissance of popular songwriting that occurred during the 1960s and '70s, his name looms large as one of the chief architects of the Los Angeles scene. JD is an artist whose spirit and influence has had an enormous impact on a full generation of this country's greatest musical names: The Eagles, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Roy Orbison, just to name a few.

No comments: